Second Jackup Reaches Manati
Norse Energy said that a second jackup rig, the P-13, has arrived on the Manati gas field offshore Brazil. The rig has begun drilling the second production well.
The first jackup (PA29) is drilling at approximately 1,200 meters on the first production well. The expected total depth is 1,650 meters for both wells. Both jackups will share in the drilling and completion work of the seven Manati development wells.
Norse added that the Brazilian Petroleum Agency, ANP, has formally approved the assignment of the company's 10-percent interest in the BCAM-40 license from the seller Petroserv. Other participants include Petrobras (operator, 35 percent interest) and Queiroz Galvão Perfuracoes (55 percent)
The Manati gas field, located in the Camamu and Almada basins, is part of the BCAM-40 license.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)