Coolen Tapped to Lead Canadian Superior
Canadian Superior Energy has named M.E. "Mike" Coolen the company's president and chief operating officer. One of Coolen's priorities will be to advance the company's drilling activities offshore Trinidad.
A registered professional engineer, Coolen most recently was in charge of Canadian Superior's Offshore Operations and is currently a member of the company's board. Before joining the company in 2001, Coolen had a 20-year career with Mobil Oil Canada and ExxonMobil. Directly prior to joining Canadian Superior, he was as a senior manager on the Sable Offshore Energy Project--the first offshore natural gas production project offshore Nova Scotia, Canada.
"All of us are very pleased with Mike's new appointment," said Greg Noval, Canadian Superior's chairman and CEO. "This appointment will expedite our upcoming drilling offshore Trinidad and is part of an overall transition in the company which we feel will be good for all shareholders."
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)