Habanero Picks Up Athabasca Leases
Habanero Resources has acquired three Athabasca Oil Sands leases in Alberta, Canada.
The Vancouver-based junior said that the leases were acquired through the recently announced Oil Sands Partnership, of which Habanero has a 25-percent working interest. The three leases consist of four sections, for a total of 1,024 hectares.
Leases 453 and 476 are within 5 kilometers of Habanero's existing Athabasca Oil Sands lease, announced March 2, 2006. These two new sections are close to the existing Oil Sands leases held by Connacher Oil and Gas's Great Divide Prospect, as well as to other major Oil Sands projects by Devon, Encana, and Cononco Philips.
Lease 489 consists of two contiguous sections that lie just southwest of the Oil Sands leases that Shell recently purchased for approximately $465 million.
"This is great news for Habanero and Habanero's shareholders," said Jason Gigliotti, Habanero's president. "For us to increase our land position in the Alberta Oil
Sands is a significant move forward in the corporate growth
of Habanero. This now gives Habanero interests in five separate
Alberta Oil Sands leases, which should indicate to our shareholders
our ongoing efforts to build Habanero though development
and acquisition of Alberta Oil Sands prospects."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Connacher Oil & Gas more info
- Oil Sands Junior Producer Connacher Files for Creditor Protection (May 16)
- Connacher Waves Goodbye to CEO (Jan 12)
- Connacher O&G to Sell Halfway Creek Leases (Jun 22)
Company: Habanero Resources more info
- Habanero Drops 50% Interest in 2 Oil Sands Leases (Jan 20)
- Habanero Proposes Drill Program on Oil Sands Prospect (Aug 22)
- Habanero Acquires Interest in Alberta Oil Sands Sections (Jul 13)