BP: Shah Deniz Subsea Pipelay Successfully Completed
BAKU, Apr 07, 2006 (Dow Jones Commodities News via Comtex)
BP PLC (BP) said Friday it completed the first stage of pipelaying on the bottom of the Caspian Sea, where it operates Shah Deniz gas and condensate development project.
Pipelaying started last September and consisted of installation of three 90 kilometers pipelines.
The pipelay program used the Israfil Huseynov barge and employed McDermott Caspian Contractors, Inc., a unit of McDermott International, Inc.
BP said that the first stage of the project is progressing according to schedule to meet the target of delivering first gas to the market before winter 2006.
Partners in the Shah Deniz production sharing agreement are: BP, Statoil, the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), Lukoil Holdings, NICO, Total and TPAO.
Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Lukoil more info
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: SOCAR more info
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: TPAO more info
- KOGAS Says Starts Commercial Crude Oil Production in Iraq's Badra (Sep 01)
- Turkey's TPAO Signs $1.5B Deal To Buy Total's Stake In Azeri Gas Project (May 30)
- Turkey's TPAO Says In Talks With Exxon, OMV, MOL For Joint Oil Exploration (Feb 19)