Paradigm Opts to 'Play Well with Others'
Paradigm, a geoscience software and services provider to the oil and gas industry for rock and fluid interpretation, said on Wednesday that it has signed a memorandum of understanding to invest in OpenSpirit Corp., an independent software company that focuses on upstream applications and data.
In a written statement, Paradigm said that it shares OpenSpirit's goal of pursuing vendor-neutral infinite data and application integration. Paradigm also will participate on OpenSpirit's board.
According to Paradigm, its involvement in OpenSprit contributes to the delivery of rapid geological, geophysical, and petrophysical (G&P) data model access among data repositories (Schlumberger GeoFrame and Finder, Landmark OpenWorks, and Paradigm Epos) and provides application interoperability.
"Oil and gas explorationists and producers need cooperation of the leading geoscience application and data system providers to achieve the goal of finding quality prospects to replace oil and gas reserves and increase daily production," said John W. Gibson, Jr., Paradigm's executive chairman and CEO. "Paradigm is making a very definite choice to 'play well with others' by sharing in the business vision and objectives of OpenSpirit."
"Paradigm's planned investment in OpenSpirit validates our standing as the
market's only platform-independent, standards-based, and vendor-neutral
integration solution for upstream data," remarked Dan Piette, president and CEO of
OpenSpirit. "We are pleased to extend our application and data integration
capabilities to Paradigm clients to help them reduce their E&P cycle time and
lower risks by making sure they have the right data at the right time."
- DONG Energy Chooses Paradaigm Petrophysical Software (Mar 24)
- Paradigm Donates Geolog Software to Siberian University (Dec 17)
- SCAN Geophysical Picks Paradigm for Seismic Data Acquisition (Apr 29)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
Company: Landmark Graphics more info
- Landmark & Statoil to Develop $13 Million Exploration System (Jun 12)
- Landmark Introduces New Visualization & Interpretation Solution (Oct 02)
- Landmark and WellDynamics Team Up (Sep 26)
Company: OpenSpirit Corp. more info
- AGM Extends Integration of RECON Solution with OpenSpirit Software (Oct 30)
- ffA, OpenSpirit Add Interoperability to 3D Seismic Analysis Solutions (Oct 23)
- SMT Enhances Geoscience Applications with Strategic Alliance (Feb 23)