PDVSA Partners in New JVs to Receive US$4.9bn in Shares, Vouchers
Venezuelan state oil firm PDVSA's partners in new joint ventures signed last week will receive US$4bn worth of class B shares plus US$900mn in vouchers for future energy investments in Venezuela, PDVSA president and energy and oil minister Rafael Ramirez told reporters on Monday.
The total value of the JVs is set at almost US$11bn, Ramirez said, with PDVSA holding more than US$6bn in class A shares itself.
PDVSA signed 22 joint venture agreements with 16 companies on Friday, but three companies - France's Total, Italy's Eni and Norway's Statoil - refused to accept the conditions.
PDVSA will control each JV with a 60% stake. Private companies cannot sell or trade their shares except with PDVSA.
"We are not handing out cash in any of these deals. The state's shares are class A, the majority and with a different power of decision-making," Ramirez said.
Venezuela is now producing some 3.27 million barrels a day (Mb/d) of oil, according to Ramirez, of which 372,300b/d comes from the fields covered by the newly formed JVs and another 549,001b/d from the four JVs that manufacture synthetic crude from Orinoco oil belt extra-heavy crude.
Visit BNamericas to
access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company
database, and latest research reports. Click
here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
- Cuba Takes Over Venezuela Stake In Refinery Joint Venture (Dec 14)
- Union Leader: PDVSA's Amuay Refinery Halts Distillation Unit (Nov 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)