Wood Group Wins Heidrun Work from Statoil
Wood Group Engineering (North Sea), (WGENS) a subsidiary of John Wood Group PLC, has received a Letter of Intent from Statoil ASA for pre-FEED engineering for the gas treatment works planned for the Heidrun platform in the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The contract, valued at approximately $US 1 million, is the first of its type for WGENS in Norway. It will involve a multi-disciplined engineering team working on the development of further concepts for the process and structure of a new module plus integrated brownfield elements for a new gas compression system. A team from Wood Group subsidiary, Woodhill Frontier, will be providing specialist HSE skills to the project which is expected to continue until June 2006.
Alex West, Director, Wood Group Engineering & Production Facilities, Middle East, Europe & North Africa, said, "We have established a significant reputation for achieving successful brownfield modifications in the UK Continental Shelf. Statoil has recognized our extensive capabilities in this field by awarding this contract. The first for WGENS in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)