ABB Wins Marine Contracts Worth $110 Million
ABB has won contracts worth $110 million in total to supply propulsion and power systems for 12 vessels and five offshore drilling rigs.
"We continue to see a very high level of new shipbuilding activity," said Veli-Matti Reinikkala, head of ABB's Process Automation division. "Our expertise in providing high vessel reliability and fuel efficiency are helping ABB capture a strong share of this new business."
The ABB orders were all booked during the first quarter of 2006, with vessel deliveries ranging from late 2006 to early 2009. They include:
- Total electrical power system packages for two semi-submersible drilling rigs for subsidiaries of John Friedriksen-controlled SeaDrill Ltd. The rigs will be built at South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, based on a GVA 7500 design.
- Total electrical power system package for one semi-submersible drilling rig for PetroRig I Pte Ltd / PetroMena ASA under management by Larsen Oil & Gas. The rig, the third in series, will be built at Jurong Shipyard Pte. Ltd. in Singapore, based on a Friede & Goldman design.
- Totel electrical power system package for the second drilling vessel for Norway's Mosvold Drilling Ltd under management of John Fredriksen-controlled SeaDrill Ltd, to be built at Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea.
- Diesel electric propulsion systems for two 157,000 cubic meter Liquefied Natural Gas Carriers being built for MISC at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. of Japan. These will be the first LNG carriers in Japan to be equipped with state-of-the-art diesel electric propulsion.
- Electrical propulsion system for two platform support vessels of design ST216 to be build at Aker Yards, Brattvåg, Norway, for Voldstad Shipping.
- Electrical propulsion system for one platform support vessel of design Aker PSV 06 to be built at Aker Yards in Aukra, Norway, for District Offshore.
- Electrical propulsion system for one offshore support vessel of design Aker ROV 06 to be built at Aker Yards in Søviknes, Norway, for Geo ASA.
- Electrical propulsion systems for one platform supply vessel of design Ulstein P101 to built at Ulstein Verft shipyards, for Olympic Shipping.
- Electrical propulsion systems to Rolls Royce for one platform support vessel of design UT 751 E to be built at Aker Yards in Brevik, Norway, for Farstad Shipping.
- Electrical propulsion system for four P105 offshore vessels to Ulstein Design AS to be built at Zhejiang Shipbuilding in China, for Bourbon Offshore.
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Aker Solutions, ABB Team Up To Develop Subsea Production (Apr 27)
- ABB Wins NOK 1.1B Statoil Power Contract (Mar 16)