Venezuela Cancels Eni's Contract for the Dacion Field
Venezuela's national oil company PDVSA has informed Eni that as of April 1, 2006 Eni's operating service contract on hydrocarbon activities in the Dacion Area has been unilaterally terminated and all the management of the operations must be transferred to personnel appointed by PDVSA.
Eni will comply with PDVSA's request by ensuring that activities are handed over in a professional way and at an agreed time.
However, Eni believes that this action by PDVSA is a violation of Eni's contract rights. It is Eni's intention to offer PDVSA a period of time in which a full reparation of Eni's contract rights can be agreed. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached, Eni will pursue legal action to claim its rights.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
- Cuba Takes Over Venezuela Stake In Refinery Joint Venture (Dec 14)
- Union Leader: PDVSA's Amuay Refinery Halts Distillation Unit (Nov 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)