KCA Deutag Wins Awards from Marathon, BP
KCA Deutag's Well Engineering Services Division recently won client awards from Marathon and BP.
Marathon named the KCA unit its HES (Health, Environment, Safety) Sub Group Contractor of the Year for its performance providing wireline services to Marathon's offshore Ireland operations in the Celtic Sea.
Marathon based the award on four criteria: visible leadership by management, effective communications, having an established proactive HSE program, and actual safety statistics.
KCA also won an award in the same category in Marathon's European Business Unit finals and was runner-up in the worldwide awards.
BP awarded KCA's sub-contractor ISS have received a Shah Deniz President's Award from BP in recognition of their exceptional contribution to the Shah Deniz Gas Export Project in Azerbaijan.
The award recognizes ISS' snubbing package stack up, function testing, dismantling, and storage project at the Zykh site in Baku. The operation was completed on schedule last month with no incidents reported.
"Recognition by a client in this manner reflects KCA DEUTAG's ongoing
commitment to delivering incident-free operations," said Roger Hodgson, KCA's head of Well Engineering Services. "Good safety performance across all of our well services operations in the North Sea is as a result of visible leadership and the ownership of the safety tools by the whole workforce, as well as having robust systems in place."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)