Schlumberger Opens Research Center in Saudi Arabia
Schlumberger inaugurated a new oilfield research facility in Dharan, Saudi Arabia over the weekend.
The first facility of its kind in the Middle East, the Schlumberger Dharan Center for Carbonate Research (SDCR) houses a team of international scientists working on oil and gas industry research projects with other research institutes. Although research activities will focus on carbonate reservoirs in the Middle East, the work is expected to be applicable worldwide.
"We believe the combination of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's leading human and natural resources and our own technical and scientific expertise will allow this new center to develop ground-breaking technologies that will maximize both oil and gas resources in the region and the contribution the exploration and production industry makes to the global economy," said Schlumberger CEO David Gould.
SCDR is located in the King Abdullah Science Park at the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). It has been built to promote future technology development through closer interaction between research scientists from Schlumberger, experts from KFUPM, Saudi Aramco, and the King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology as well as other regional oil companies and institutions.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)