Aker Wins Moller-Maersk Contract for Eight Vessels
Aker Yards has entered into a NOK 3.3-billion (US$495.2-million) contract with A.P. Moller-Maersk to build eight Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels (AHTS). The contract also includes an optional agreement for another two sister vessels.
The AHTS series vessels use Vik & Sandvik design VS 472. Deliveries from Aker Yards in Norway are scheduled for 2008 and 2009. The vessels' dimensions are approximately 73.2 meters length, 20 meters breadth, and 9.1 meters depth molded.
"We are very pleased that A.P. Moller-Maersk as a large international shipowner again chose to cooperate with us," said Roy Reite of Aker Yards' Offshore & Specialized Vessels unit. "This contract is the largest contract signed in the Offhore & Specialized Vessels business area to date, and will give activity well into 2009." Reite added that the contract will create considerable opportunities for Aker's equipment suppliers and subcontractor network.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: A.P. Moller more info
- Norway Government to Outline Sverdrup Project Plan in Early 2015 (Sep 22)
- Cosco Wins $470M Contracts to Build 4 Subsea Supply Vessels for Maersk (Aug 13)
- Marathon to Take Reins at Alvheim (Sep 01)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)