Production Halted at Woollybutt
Tap Oil reports that the umbilical control line from the FPSO to the Woollybutt-1H well failed, temporarily preventing production from the well. The March 14 failure occurred during regular maintenance operations.
The company, which has 15 percent working interest in the well, said that a remotely operated vehicle has been sourced. The ROV is expected to be on-site in the next few weeks to repair the umbilical. Until then, however, production will be reduced to approximately 5,000 bopd from the Scalybutt-1H and Woollybutt-2H wells. The wells are presently flowing under natural pressure. Before Wollybutt-1 went offline, the overall field rate was approximately 14,000 bopd.
Tap does not expect the event to materially impact production levels from the Woollybutt oil field for the 2006 year. Other participants in the WA-25-L joint-venture include Eni (operator) (65 percent) and ExxonMobil (20 percent).
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)