Mariner Turns on the Taps at Rigel
Mariner Energy reports that development operations at the Rigel (Mississippi Canyon 296) deepwater development project have been completed, and the field has commenced production.
Mariner generated the Rigel prospect and participated in the initial exploration well and subsequent appraisal well with a 22.5-percent nonoperating working interest. Dominion Exploration & Production is the operator of the project. The single well subsea tieback is currently flowing approximately 75 million cubic feet of gas per day (mmcfd) and has a gross design rate of 100 mmcfd.
Rigel is located approximately 120 miles
southeast of New Orleans in Mississippi Canyon Block 296 at a water depth of
approximately 5,200 feet.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Mariner Energy more info
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)