ATP Garners Green Canyon Block
ATP Oil & Gas was the apparent high bidder out of three bids submitted to the Minerals Management Service (MMS) on Green Canyon Block 37 at the Central Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Offshore Lease Sale held on March 15 in New Orleans. If the block is awarded, ATP's financial outlay will be $3.3 million with the company owning a 100-percent working interest and serving as operator of the property.
"ATP continues to follow a consistent strategy of acquiring for
development properties that have already shown a presence of
hydrocarbons," said Gerald W. Schlief, ATP's senior vice president. "Green Canyon 37 was originally drilled in 1996 and
logged both gas and oil pay sands, but was not taken to development
during a period of relatively low oil and gas prices. We are currently
evaluating these sands and potentially other horizons on the block.
The block is located in approximately 1,800 feet of water and, if
awarded, will be added to our three-year development plan."
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Minerals Management Service (MMS) more info
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)