Talisman Gets Okay to Drill Three Wildcat Wells Offshore Norway
Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) has received consent to drill and test three wildcat wells in blocks 7/8 and 7/11 in the southern North Sea.
The wells, 7/8-5S, 7/11-11S and A, as well as 7/11-12S, are part of production license 301. This area is 250 kilometers southwest of Jaeren. The water depth at this location is approximately 80 meters.
The drilling and testing will be carried out by the Maersk Giant. This facility secured an Acknowledgement of Compliance in February 2002.
Drilling in this area will last until the end of 2006, but the Maersk Giant will also conduct other activities during this period.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)