CanWest and Oilsands Launch Firebag East Program
CanWest Petroleum and Oilsands Quest have received regulatory approval to proceed with a 150-core hole drilling program known as Phase II on the Firebag East oil sands exploration permits in northwest Saskatchewan.
The program will include the drilling, coring, and geophysical logging of up to 150 resource delineation holes. Drilling will commence immediately and dovetail with the Phase I drilling program that is nearing completion.
The companies say that 20 of the 25 core holes of the Phase I program have been completed, and they are encouraged by the results to date. Summary details of an initial evaluation will be released following the Phase I program.
Part of the Phase II program has commenced with the construction
of approximately 48 miles of new access roads to link
the 150 proposed drill sites. Many of the proposed drill sites for the Phase II program are accessible during the summer months for drilling. Drilling on the sites during the summer months will be subject to further work permits from the Saskatchewan government.
- Micron Acquires More Oil Sands Acreage (Jan 26)
- CanWest Begins Seismic Program in Northwest Saskatchewan (Oct 12)
- CanWest Receives Bitumen Resources Report from Independent Geologists (Aug 29)
Company: Oilsands Quest more info
- Oilsands Quest Granted Approval for Eagles Nest Sale (Feb 23)
- Oilsands Quest to Sell Eagles Nest Asset (Feb 03)
- Buyer Requests Extension for Oilsands Quest's Wallace Creek Assets (Nov 22)