Statoil Temporarily Reduces Output from Troll A
Due to scrubber repairs, gas production from the Statoil operated Troll A platform in the North Sea will be somewhat reduced until the middle of April.
Two electrically-driven compressors with scrubbers were installed on the platform last year to remove liquid droplets from the gas flow. It was recently discovered that parts of the scrubbers need to be replaced, and the compressors will therefore be out of operation during the repair period.
Delivery capacity from the Troll field in this period will be around 10 percent below normal daily output.
Gas from Troll A is sent by pipeline to the treatment plant at Kollsnes, near Bergen, before the dry gas is sent to the European market.
Statoil is operator for Troll Gas with a 20.8 percent interest. The other licensees are Petoro (56 percent), Hydro (9.8 percent), Shell (8.1 percent), Total (3.7 percent) and ConocoPhillips (1.6 percent).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)