Aker Yards to Build Construction Vessels for DOF
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with DOF ASA, through its subsidiary DOFCON ASA, for the building of two large Construction Vessels, with optional agreement for two sister vessels. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 1,580 million.
One vessel is to be built at Aker Yards, Soviknes, Norway. The vessel is an Aker OSCV 06 L, designed by Aker Yards Project, with delivery scheduled for May 2008. The vessel is of 153 meters length, will be equipped with a 400 tonnes offshore crane, and will have DP Class 3 and Ice Class. The vessel will have a maximum speed of 18 knots, considered important for global operations in order to minimize mobilization time. DOFCON has an option to order a sister vessel for delivery first quarter 2009.
The other vessel is to be built by Aker Yards in Brazil, with delivery scheduled for October 2008, and is of the design Aker OSCV 06. The vessel is of 138 meters length, and will be equipped with a 250 tons offshore crane, and will have DP Class 3. The vessel will be the only large construction vessel so far to be built in Brazil. DOFCON has an option to order a sister vessel for delivery April 2009.
Total project cost for the two fixed contracts amounts to approx. NOK 1.580 million.
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)