Noreco Acquires Stake in PL271 & PL302 from DONG
Norwegian Energy Company AS (NORECO) has entered into an agreement for the purchase of 40% in PL271 and PL302 from DONG Norge AS. PL271 and PL302 are operated by Norsk Hydro AS (40% share). In addition Talisman Norge AS (20% share) participates in the license. The agreement is subject to approval by Norwegian authorities.
"The southern North Sea is one of Noreco's core areas, and PL271 and PL302 have several interesting exploration prospects. Noreco has strong ambitions for growth on the Norwegian continental shelf, and we will continue to build up the company with the necessary competence to be able to increase our license portfolio through exploration license rounds as well as business development activity. The acquisition of PL271 and PL302 is an important step towards our ambitions", says Scott Kerr.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)