Golar LNG Picks New Chief Executive
The Board of Golar LNG has tapped Gary Smith as the new CEO of Golar Management.
Smith has an extensive background in the petroleum industry. Most recently, he worked for STASCO (Shell Trading & Shipping Co.) in London in the position of General Manager Commercial Shipping. In this position he worked closely with all existing Shell LNG projects and LNG trading activities and supported the development of several new LNG projects. Golar plans to expand further into the LNG logistical chain.
Smith also served as President and Director of SIGGTO
(Society of International Gas Tanker & Terminal Operators)
from 2002 to 2005.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Golar LNG more info
- Ophir Holdings, OneLNG to Establish JOC for Fortuna Project (Nov 10)
- Golar GenPower, ExxonMobil Sign LNG Supply Deal for Power Project in Brazil (Mar 07)
- Golar LNG and Schlumberger Ink MOU (Jan 25)