Fourteen Firms Line Up for Trinidad's 2005/06 Bid Round
Fourteen companies have paid the pre-bid application fee to Trinidad & Tobago's ministry of energy and energy industries (MEEI) for the 2005/06 bid round of onshore/nearshore blocks and shallow marine blocks, a ministry spokesperson told BNamericas in an email.
The fee entitles the buyer to the relevant data package, which contains 2D seismic lines and well data on the respective blocks.
The tender, which was launched in January, is for eight blocks in the Combined Southern basin land acreage, South Coast Marine Area and three blocks in the Shallow Marine Acreage off the north and east coasts of Trinidad.
Companies must pay US$150,000 to bid on any or all of the combined onshore/nearshore blocks and US$50,000 each for the three shallow marine blocks.
The US oil companies that paid the fee include Amerada Hess (NYSE:AHC), Apache (NYSE: APA), EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG) and Kerr-McGee's (NYSE: KMG) Trinidadian subsidiary Kerr-McGee TT Offshore Petroleum.
Canadian oil companies include Talisman Energy (NYSE: TLM), PetroCanada (NYSE:PCZ), Husky Energy International (TSX: HSE) and Canadian Voyager.
Other companies that purchased bidding rules were Spanish oil major Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras' (NYSE: PBR) Venezuelan subsidiary Petrobras Energia Venezuela, Japanese oil company Nippon Oil, Italian oil company Eni (NYSE: E), Malaysian oil company Petronas and local company Ten Degrees North Energy Limited.
MEEI recently extended the deadline to receive bids in its 2005-2006 round to May 30 from the previous March 30 deadline because the tender began later than expected and companies did not have sufficient time to analyze the data, according to a previous BNamericas report.
The eight onshore/nearshore blocks include shallow and deep horizon areas in each of the Guayaguayare, Southwest Peninsula, Herrera and Central Range blocks.
The shallow marine blocks are 2(ab), comprising an area of 1,605 sq km, NCMA 2 and NCMA 3, both covering an area of 1,019 sq km. The three blocks have water depths ranging from 25-130 meters.
Visit BNamericas to
access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company
database, and latest research reports. Click
here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Kerr-McGee Corp. more info
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)