DNO Completes Jaguar Well in the UK North Sea
DNO has completed the drilling and final logging of Northern North Sea well 211/22b-5, located on the Jaguar prospect on the United Kingdom Continental Shelf.
Following the previously reported negative information on the Upper Jurassic target, the well was drilled to a total depth of 13,050 feet (3,977 meters) by the Bredford Dolphin.
Oil shows were observed over a 55 ft (17m) interval within the Middle Jurassic formations. However, obtaining representative fluid samples proved difficult due to low permeability. Consequently the well is now being plugged and abandoned.
Although the well has failed to intersect commercial volumes of hydrocarbons at this location, the results prove that a working hydrocarbon system exists in the license. An extensive technical evaluation program will now be conducted to assess the remaining prospectivity in the Middle Jurassic at more favorable locations in the license area as well as assessing the possibility of alternative locations of reservoir sands in the Upper Jurassic level.
As previously announced, DNO retained a 50% working interest on the Jaguar prospect, contributing to 77.1% of the total well cost. DNO's partners on the well were Rocksource ASA and Elixir Petroleum plc, with the following interests:
Rocksource ASA holds a 10% working interest and a 15.42% well cost contribution interest; Elixir Petroleum holds a 40% working interest and a 7.5% well cost contribution interest.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)