Wood Group Wins Tangguh Contract
PT. Wood Group Indonesia has been awarded the project and construction management support services contract by BP for the Tangguh Gas Processing Facilities in Papua, in the East of Indonesia. A $multi-million, two-year contract, with a one-year extension, the scope includes engineering, construction management and programme management services plus pipeline supervision. PT. WGI and its sister company, J P Kenny, will support BP in supervising the EPC contractor, PT. Saipem Indonesia, who has been awarded the upstream facilities and pipeline contract for Tangguh.
"We are delighted to have been awarded this prestigious contract by BP for such a high profile project," said Said Achmad, President Director of PT. Wood Group Indonesia.
Tangguh is a world class gas field in Indonesia, with proved reserves certified at 14.4 trillion cubic feet. The Tangguh Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) project will play a crucial role in maintaining Indonesia's global leadership position in the LNG industry as it will significantly replenish the country's marketable LNG reserves. Operated by BP Indonesia, the Tangguh Gas Processing Facilities are located in Berau Bay, Papua. When completed, the plant will be capable of producing seven million tons of LNG per annum from two initial processing trains.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)