Anzon Begins Batch Drilling at Basker Location
Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot, has completed and tested the Manta-2A well. The well has been suspended for future production.
The Ocean Patriot has been moved to and anchored at the Basker location. The drilling operation for the Basker-3, 4 and 5 wells has commenced, utilizing a batch drilling approach. The batch drilling approach has been designed to drill each section of the three development wells sequentially. At this point, the conductor has been set and cemented on all three wells and the surface hole of Basker-3 is being drilled. Once the Basker-3 surface hole is cased and cemented the surface hole of the other two wells will be drilled. This approach is possible because the rig anchor pattern has been established in such a way that the rig does not need to be moored at separate locations for each of these three wells.
Production from the Basker-2 well has been continuous throughout the month of February 2006 with a total of 165k barrels of oil produced (averaged approximately 5,900 bopd) together with 1.26 bcf of gas and 6k barrels of water (approximately 4% water cut). To end of February 2006 cumulative oil production from Basker-2 is 548k bbls.
It is anticipated that production will continue until mid March 2006 before the next sale. Approximately 380k barrels of oil is expected to be sold around the March 23, 2006.
The participants in the Basker-Manta Joint Venture are Anzon as operator with 50% and Beach Petroleum with the remaining 50%.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Energy more info
- Anzon Underscores Merger Ratio for ROC Oil Shares (Sep 18)
- ROC Gets Court Approval to Merge with Anzon (Sep 05)
- Anzon Australia Gets Extension for Shareholders' Statement (Aug 21)