Latemore 2 Well Flows Gas from Three Zones
Sunshine Gas reports that the Latemore 2 well on the Roma Shelf is being cased and suspended following a gas flow from the basement section over the weekend. This is in addition to the previously announced gas flow of 2.5 MMcfd from the Rewan Formation and 0.29 MMcfd from the Precipice Sandstone.
Sunshine Gas advises that the Latemore 2 appraisal well in PL 5 (Roma Shelf) Surat Basin Queensland, will be cased and suspended pending completion after successfully flowing gas from a number of zones including basement. The basement gas flow was only minor but did demonstrate the presence of movable hydrocarbons. The well results are highly encouraging in terms of the potential for additional conventional gas discoveries in Sunshine's partly owned Roma Shelf properties.
Santos is the operator of the well with 85% and Sunshine Gas' subsidiary, Interstate Pipelines holds the remaining 15%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Sunshine Gas more info
- Lacerta Operations Update (Nov 06)
- Sunshine Reports Gas Flow Milestone at Lacerta (Mar 05)
- Drilling to Begin on Champagne Creek 2A (Sep 19)