Willbros Reports One Hostage Freed
Willbros Group has confirmed the release today of one worker taken hostage on February 18th from a Willbros vessel working in Nigeria. The freed worker, American Macon Hawkins, had been held for eleven days by separatists in Nigeria. Willbros reported that the Company has made arrangements for him to rejoin his family in Texas.
The Company thanked the authorities and other parties with which it worked
closely to secure the safe return of this employee and is continuing to
support the efforts to secure the safe return of its remaining personnel.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Willbros Group more info
- DeKraai Named to Willbros Board (Nov 28)
- Willbros Completes Public Offering (Nov 21)
- Willbros' Outstanding Convertibles Senior Notes Become Convertable (Aug 15)