Maersk Sells Two Barges from Venezuelan Fleet
After merely six months as members of the Maersk fleet the MAERSK RIG 46 and MAERSK RIG 47 were delivered to their new owners, Lonestar Drilling Nigeria Ltd. on February 17, 2006. Lonestar is based in Nigeria where the drilling barges will also be working after the mobilization. The rigs have been renamed Lonestar 203 and Lonestar 204.
Maersk Contractors took over Ensco's fleet of six drilling barges in Venezuela in July 2005 and it is two of these units, which have now been sold.
The Maersk fleet in Venezuela now counts 10 drilling barges, all operating on Lake Maracaibo. In addition to this the company operates two drilling barges and two jackup rigs on management contracts for the state oil company, PDVSA. Maersk Contractors has been present in Venezuela since 1991.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Lonestar Drilling Nigeria Ltd. more info
- Kidnappings of Oil Execs' Spouses Further Rock Niger Delta (Apr 22)
- Maersk Sells Two Barges from Venezuelan Fleet (Feb 24)