Ferguson Lands Contract for Helicopter Base
Ferguson Modular has landed a £300,000 contract from KBR for the supply of a four-module Search and Rescue (SAR) helicopter operations complex on BP's Miller Platform.
The complex, which is a key element of BP's Jigsaw project to enhance offshore rescue and recovery capability, will act as a base for Bond Helicopters Search and Rescue operations from the platform and comprises operations centre, crew room and two workshops. The units will be manufactured at Inverurie and delivery and offshore commissioning is scheduled to be completed in the coming weeks.
State of the art facilities adjacent to the platform heli-deck will allow SAR flight crews to maintain 24 hour readiness to respond to rescue incidents offshore.
Mike McKay, Divisional Manager, Manufacturing, for Ferguson Modular said "Transport to and from rigs and platforms is carried out to the highest safety standards and this complex will play a major role in that respect. Crews will have the opportunity to use facilities whilst their rescue aircraft is stationed on the Miller platform.
Geoff Williams, Managing Director, Bond Offshore comments "This base will provide a very welcome service for the crew's of Bond Offshore. Having the kind of custom built complex available, with the high level of functionality and comfort it will offer, highlights our commitment to the safe transport of offshore personnel. We are naturally delighted to now be able to announce the project and look forward to it's completion in the coming weeks.
Mike adds, "This is a valuable order for Ferguson as it allows us once again to demonstrate our ability to provide effective modular solutions for the oil & gas industry. The North Sea is where we have built our reputation for supplying safe, high quality accommodation and workspace modules. As a result of this reputation our global business has increased with a high percentage of our hire fleet now in regions such as Australia, Russia, Norway, Holland and West Africa."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)