Songa Offshore Wins Work for the Songa Saturn
Songa Offshore has been awarded a contract from Noble Energy for the drillship Songa Saturn. The contract is for three wells in Equatorial Guinea with an option for another two wells. The contract will commence in during the third quarter of 2006. Expected duration excluding options is 150 days, and revenue totals approximately US $50 million for the three wells excluding mobilization/demobilization revenues.
The Songa Saturn is currently undergoing refurbishment and contract preparations in Turkey. Expected project cost is approximately US $70 million. The work consists, among other things of steel changes, new topside equipment and water depth upgrade to 3300'.
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)