Norsk Hydro Signs E&P Contract for Two Areas Offshore Mozambique
On Thursday, February 16th the Exploration and Production Concession (EPC) Contract for Areas 2 & 5 in the Rovuma Basin offshore Mozambique was signed between the government of the Republic of Mozambique, the national oil company Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH) and Hydro.
The signing ceremony took place in Pemba in northern Mozambique. The contract was signed on behalf of the government by Esperança Luarinda Bias, Minister of Mineral Resources.
Areas 2 & 5 cover an area of approximately 14,500 square kilometers immediately to the east and north of Pemba, the provincial capital of the Cabo Delgado Province. Water depths in the areas range from shallow to more than 2,000 meters.
Following execution of the contract the first priority will be to complete an environmental impact assessment prior to conducting initial seismic operations.
"This represents an interesting development of our engagement offshore East Africa," says Svein Breivik, head of Hydro's Angola business unit. In addition to following up the company's activities in Angola, the Hydro office in Luanda is responsible for activities in Mozambique and other parts of East Africa.
Partners in the EPC are Norsk Hydro Oil and Gas Mozambique as operator with 90% and Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos with 10%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos more info
- CNPC, ENH to Cooperate on Oil & Gas Projects in Mozambique (May 24)
- Petronas, Empresa Nacional Awarded 2 Blocks in Mozambique (Oct 13)
- Norsk Hydro Signs E&P Contract for Two Areas Offshore Mozambique (Feb 17)