CNOOC Inks Deal for Block S in Equatorial Guinea
CNOOC's subsidiary, CNOOC Africa Limited has singed a production sharing contract (PSC) for block S with the Ministry of Mines, Industry and Energy, and The National Oil Company of Equatorial Guinea ("GEPetrol").
Block S covers a total area of approximately 2,287 square kilometers in the south offshore Equatorial Guinea. Water depth of the block ranges from 30 to 1500 meters.
The exploration period of the contract is 5 years and CNOOC Ltd. acts as the technical operator. Under the terms of the contract, the company is committed to conduct seismic data interpretation and drilling exploration wells.
Mr. Zhu Mingcai, Vice President of the Company and General Manager of the
International department commented, "The signing of the PSC for block S in
the Republic of Equatorial Guinea is another progress in CNOOC's overseas
expansion. I believe in the favorable geological conditions of the block and
look forward to making breakthrough for the benefits of both parties in the
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: GEPetrol more info
- Gazprom Neft, GEPetrol Ink Cooperation Agreement (Jun 07)
- Noble Gets Go-Ahead for Aseng Oil Project in Equatorial Guinea (Jul 22)
- Equatorial Guinea's National Oil Co Inks PSC for Offshore Block EG-07 (Jul 22)