Yarri-1 Exploration Well Disappoints
The Yarri-1 vertical exploration well, located in permit WA-25-L in the Barrow Sub-basin offshore Australia, reached it total depth of 2,825 meters. No hydrocarbons were encountered and the current plan is to plug and abandon the well.
The Joint Venture will now focus on incorporating the results of the Woollybutt-5A and Yarri-1 wells into forward plan for the production license, in particular the best way to develop and produce the oil discovered in Woollybutt-3A, 4 and 5A wells in the Woollybutt South Oil Field.
WA-25-L joint venture participants are Eni Australia as operator with 65%; Tap West Pty Ltd with 15% and Mobil Australia Resource Co with 20%. Participants in Yarr-1 are Eni Australia as operator with 81.25% and Tap West Pty with 18.75%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)