Trinidad & Tobago to Tender 8 Deepwater Blocks by End-March
Trinidad & Tobago's ministry of energy and energy industries (MEEI) plans to tender eight offshore blocks in the deep Atlantic by the end of March, a ministry spokesperson told BNamericas, confirming a Reuters report.
The 800 sq km blocks are located off the east coast of Trinidad and are 1,700-2,500 meters deep, Reuters quoted Trinidad's MEEI permanent secretary Leroy Mayers as saying.
EOG and BHP Billiton officials were not available for comment when contacted by BNamericas on Wednesday.
UK oil majors BP (NYSE: BP) and BG Group (LSE: BG) are also studying data on the blocks, according to the news agency.
2006 E&P BID ROUND
At end-January MEEI opened a competitive bid round for eight blocks in the Combined Southern basin land acreage, South Coast Marine Area and three blocks in the Shallow Marine Acreage off the north and east coasts of Trinidad.
The eight onshore/nearshore blocks include shallow and deep horizon areas in each of the Guayaguayare, Southwest Peninsula, Herrera and Central Range blocks.
The shallow marine blocks are 2(ab), comprising an area of 1,605 sq km, NCMA 2 and NCMA 3, both covering an area of 1,019 sq km. The three blocks have water depths ranging from 25-130 meters.
Companies intending to bid on any of the blocks referred to above will be required to pay a pre-bid application fee. This fee entitles the prospective bidder to the relevant data package, which contains 2D seismic lines and well data on the respective blocks.
The fee is US$150,000 for to bid on any or all of the combined onshore/nearshore blocks and US$50,000 each for the three shallow marine blocks.
Interested companies must submit bids by March 30 and the winning bidders will be announced on or before June 4, the ministry spokesperson said.
About Business News Americas: Business News Americas is a multilingual news and business information service that covers the most important original stories in 11 different business sectors throughout Latin America everyday. Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)