Statoil Signs LOI for Deepsea Bergen
A letter of intent worth about NOK 2.35 billion (US $350 million) for use of the Deepsea Bergen semisub in the Halten-Nordland area of the Norwegian Sea has been signed with Odfjell Drilling by Statoil.
The rig will be used for development drilling and exploration in the areas near the Heidrun, Norne and Asgard fields.
The agreement is valid for three years.
Plans call for Statoil to take over the rig in the second quarter of 2008.
The letter of intent is subject to approval by Statoil's partners in the production licenses for Heidrun, Norne and Asgard.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)