Contract Executed for Deep Driller 2
Further to the Company's press release on January 2, 2006, a subsidiary of Sinvest ASA (in the Deep Drilling Invest Group) has now executed a drilling contract with Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sendirian Berhad (BSP). The contract term has been increased from twelve months to a period of sixteen months. BSP has an option to extend the contract term for an additional twelve months. The commercial terms for the additional four months firm period are the same as previously announced; the operating dayrate for the optional period shall be mutually agreed.
The Drilling Contract will, as previously announced, be executed by Premium Drilling using the Deep Driller 2 rig.
The Deep Driller 2 is a KFELS Super B class Jack Up rig is designed to operate in 350ft water depths and drill wells, which have high pressures and temperature regimes. The rig is currently under construction in Keppel FELS Limited shipyard Singapore and will commence the BSP Contract directly upon delivery from the shipyard.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)
Company: Sinvest ASA more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Fourth Sinvest Jackup Drilling Rig (Oct 17)
- Chevron Contracts Deep Driller 2 for Operations Offshore Thailand (Dec 27)
- Keppel On Track to Deliver Another Super B Jackup (Jun 18)