Mustang to Upgrade Colombian Crude Oil Production Complex
Mustang Engineering has been selected by Meta Petroleum Ltd. to provide front-end engineering design (FEED) and cost estimate services for a heavy oil upgrader complex that will produce a light syncrude from the Rubiales heavy crude at the Rubiales oil field in central Colombia. The upgrader complex will allow Meta to increase crude oil production from 9,000 BPSD to as much as 100,000 BPSD, and will ensure pipeline transport feasibility.
The Rubiales upgrading project will include the design of crude oil production and stabilization facilities, raw crude desalting and diluent recovery, and two parallel heavy crude conversion units. Mustang will also provide design of offsite and utility systems to support the upgrading complex, and pipeline facilities. Mustang and Wood Group sister company Energéticos, in Colombia, will jointly execute the FEED work.
Meta Petroleum Ltd. is jointly owned by Elliott Advisors, a U.S. investment company, and the Synergy Group from Brazil.
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)
Company: Meta Petroleum Ltd more info
- Seven Winners at 'Biggest Ever' Oil & Gas UK Awards (Nov 07)
- Wood Group Supplies Production Equipment to Rubiales Field (Jan 15)
- Pacific Rubiales Tags Accelerated Quifa Devt at $162MM (Nov 02)