Hardman to Spud Waraga-1 Soon
Mobilization of the drilling rig from the Mputa-1 location in Uganda has been completed with the last loads arriving at the Waraga-1 well site on January 31st. Rig up at Waraga-1 location is approximately 70% complete. The well is expected to spud within the next week.
Waraga-1 has a planned total depth of approximately 1,850 meters and will test a structural prospect with identical geological targets to the oil bearing reservoirs seen at Mputa-1. The well is located 19 kilometers to the northeast of the recently drilled Mputa-1 oil discovery well and 41 kilometers southwest of the Butiaba Waki-1 well (drilled in 1938). The Waraga prospect was defined by the 2005 onshore seismic survey and the geological risk has been significantly reduced by the success of Mputa-1.
Equities in Block 2 are Hardman Petroleum Africa Pty Ltd as operator with 50% and Tullow Oil with the remaining 50%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- UK's Tullow Oil Names New Head Of Ghana Operations (Feb 15)
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)