Statoil Inks Deal with FMC for Tyrihans Subsea System
As operator for the Tyrihans field on the Halten Bank in the North Sea, Statoil has signed a letter of intent with FMC Kongsberg for the delivery of subsea systems to Tyrihans.
Worth about NOK 1.5 billion, the agreement covers assistance and maintenance of the facility during installation and operation.
FMC Kongsberg will deliver 13 subsea trees and five template structures with manifolds. The agreement also includes production control systems and umbilicals and workover systems for well interventions.
The Tyrihans oil and gas field will be developed with four subsea structures for production and gas injection and a template for injection of sea water. Water depth in the area is about 300 meters.
The field will be tied back to the Statoil-operated Kristin platform, 35 kilometers away, where the gas and oil will be processed.
Gas from the Asgard B platform will be injected into the Tyrihans reservoir for pressure support. Sea water will also be injected for pressure support and stabilization of the oil zones.
According to the plan for development and operation (PDO), it will cost an estimated NOK 14.5 billion to bring Tyrihans on stream.
Statoil has a 46.8 per cent share in Tyrihans. The other licensees are Total (26.51), Hydro (12), Eni (7.9) and ExxonMobil (6.75).
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)