Statoil Awards Vigdis Contracts
In connection with phase two of the Vigdis extension project, Statoil has awarded contracts to FMC Kongsberg, Saipem and Stolt Offshore.
FMC Kongsberg has been given the contract for design and delivery of subsea production systems, worth about NOK 175 million. The first deliveries are due in July, and everything should be in place on the field during the first quarter of 2007.
Saipem will use the Saipem 7000 heavy lift vessel to install the template and manifold. This contract is worth about NOK 30 million, and plans call for the work to be carried out in September.
Stolt Offshore will manufacture and install flexible pipelines on the field, as well as installing and connecting up umbilicals. The work is due to take place this summer and autumn, and the contract has a value of about NOK 80 million.
The partners in the Vigdis license in the North Sea recently decided to invest over NOK 1.2 billion to improve oil and gas recovery from the area. With phase two of the Vigdis extension project, the recovery factor from the Vigdis East reservoir in the North Sea will rise from 29 to 42 percent.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: FMC more info
- Technip Says London Still Natural HQ of TechnipFMC Despite Brexit Vote (Jun 24)
- FMC Kongsberg Secures Johan Sverdrup EPC Contract (Sep 18)
- Statoil Taps FMC Technologies for Services at Snorre (Jan 25)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Stolt Offshore more info
- Stolt Offshore Will Become Acergy S.A. Next Monday. (Apr 03)
- Stolt Wins $125 Million Deepwater Contract in Angola (Mar 10)
- Stolt Offshore to Hold Second Shareholder Meeting to Change Name (Feb 24)