Horizon Offshore Awarded Major Contract by Pemex
Horizon Offshore says that Pemex Exploracion y Produccion (Pemex) has issued a letter of award to its subsidiaries, HOC Offshore S. de R.L. de C.V. and Horizon Offshore Contractors, Inc. for the Package 'J' pipelines of the KU-MALOOB-ZAAP project offshore Mexico. The contract calls for the installation, tie-in and associated commissioning of five pipelines under the KU-MALOOB-ZAAP project in the Bay of Campeche. Horizon will utilize its lay barge Lone Star Horizon and a DP2 vessel to perform the project. Engineering and procurement of the 20" and 24" diameter line pipe will begin in February 2006 with construction scheduled to begin in May 2006. In addition to this award, the Company has recently received a change order on its current contract with Pemex that was awarded in June 2005 under the KU-MALOOB-ZAAP project.
David Sharp, President and CEO of Horizon Offshore, Inc.
stated, "We believe that there will continue to be excellent
opportunities offshore Mexico. The award of this contract,
as well as the significant change order for our current
project with Pemex, reflects the confidence they have in
our project execution. Working for Pemex is a key part of
our business plan. This award brings our current backlog
to over $315 million."
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Horizon Offshore, Inc. more info
- Cal Dive Announces Two New Directors (Dec 19)
- Helix to Release Formal 2008 Earnings Late-February (Dec 13)
- Cal Dive Completes Purchase of Horizon (Dec 11)