Santos Says Nyari a Duster
The Nyari 1 exploration well in the Madura Offshore PSC offshore East Java, Indonesia, has been drilled to a total depth of 3693 meters.
The Kujung Formation was intersected, however analysis of wireline logs indicates that the primary objective is water bearing and hydrocarbons are not present.
The well will now be plugged and abandoned and the Sedco 601 drilling rig will move to the Jeruk 3 appraisal well in the Sampang PSC immediately west of the Madura Offshore PSC.
The participants in the Madura Offshore PSC are Santos (Madura Offshore) Pty Ltd. as operator with 67.5%; PC Madura Ltd (Petronas Carigali) with 22.5%; Petrogas Wari Jatim with 10.0%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)