P-53 FPSO Topside Construction to Start May
Brazilian consortium Quip expects to start building the topside of the US$950mn P-53 floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel in a shipyard in southern Brazil in May, local press reported.
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) leased the P-53 from special purpose company CDC, which is overseeing the construction of the FPSO in Brazil and Singapore.
CDC hired Quip to carry out the topside assembly in the Rio Grande do Sul shipyard. Quip is made up of Brazilian engineering companies Queiroz Galvao, Ultratec and IESA.
The production, generation and compression units will all be made in the same shipyard, a Petrobras spokesperson told BNamericas.
Britain's Rolls-Royce will build the generation unit and US engineering company Dresser the gas compression unit.
The conversion of the ship Settebello into the FPSO hull will be carried out in Singapore by shipbuilders Keppel.
Overall construction is scheduled to wrap up in September 2007, when the FPSO will be towed to the deepwater Marlim Leste field in the Campos basin.
The P-53 will have the capacity to produce 180,000 barrels of oil and 6 million cubic meters of natural gas a day.
About Business News Americas: Business News Americas is a multilingual news and business information service that covers the most important original stories in 11 different business sectors throughout Latin America everyday. Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)