Dore-1 Exploration Well a Duster
ROC Oil reports that the Dore-1 exploration well in located in PSC B offshore Mauritania reached a total depth of 2,266 meters.
Analysis of the wireline and drill data indicates that the well has not encountered any significant hydrocarbons and as a result, the well is currently being plugged and abandoned.
This concludes the 2005 Mauritanian drilling program and the Stena Tay will now be released. The Atwood Hunter is scheduled to commence the 2006 Mauritanian exploration program in 2Q 2006.
Partners in PSC Area B are Woodwide as operator with 53,846%; Hardman with 21.5%; BG Group with 11.63%; Premier Oil with 9.231% and Roc Oil with 3.693%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Roc Oil more info
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)