Labtech Delivers Two Dual Drum Spoolers for Angola
Labtech Modular Engineering, part of the ABZ group, has completed a contract worth more than £100,000 with QuantX to provide two dual drum spoolers for offshore Angola.
The spoolers will be used on Chevron's Benguela Belize – Lobito Tombocco (BBLT) project, 50 miles offshore of Angola (block 14) in more than 1,250 feet of water.
The spooler units are the first to be ordered by QuantX to accommodate dual drums and are almost twice the size of standard QuantX spoolers. This gives QuantX the flexibility to meet their clients needs for varied cable designs and lengths.
The spoolers will be used to install flat pack cables incorporating QuantX downhole instrumentation cable and chemical injection lines.
The units have been designed to accommodate a primary drum of 96" OD and a working load of 9,500 kilograms. They will incorporate all the safety features that are standard throughout the QuantX fleet of spooler units, utilising tried and tested pneumatic motor units to ensure reliability.
The dual drum spoolers were designed and manufactured at Labtech's base in Aberdeen, Scotland and delivered within 10 weeks.
The contract forms, in part, the permanent monitoring and chemical injection spooling services provided by QuantX to Chevron Texaco in support of the BBLT project which is scheduled to begin production during the first quarter of 2006.
Labtech's director of sales and marketing Dave Mair said: "Labtech has a long standing relationship with QuantX having built around 25 PMD workshop containers and 20 spoolers over 10 years. The BBLT project in Angola is one of Chevron Texaco's major capital projects and we are proud to play a part in its development."
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Labtech more info
- Centrica Taps Labtech for Accommodation Facilites Off Yorkshire Coast (Jul 28)
- Sovereign Oilfield Awarded 'Several Significant Contracts' in N. Sea (Mar 17)
- Labtech Builds First Fully Automated H2S Package for M-I Swaco (May 24)