Statoil Submits Application for Permanent Production from Gimle
An application for permanent production from the Gimle find in the North Sea has been submitted by Statoil to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE). Production can start as soon as this approval has been given.
The request was submitted on January 20th on behalf of the licensees.
The MPE has previously approved pilot production from Gimle from February to December 2005. Gimle lies in the Tampen area, between the Gullfaks and Visund fields.
Gimle was proven in December 2004, and pilot production from the field started shortly afterwards. The discovery, previously known as Topas, was proven with a 7,400-meter-long well drilled from the Gullfaks C platform.
The well is tied back to Gullfaks C and has produced almost two million barrels of oil in the pilot production phase.
"Gimle is a good example of how we are constantly developing small fields near our platforms in a cost-efficient way," says Lars Christian Bacher, senior vice president of the Tampen business cluster in Statoil's Exploration & Production Norway business area. "Exploration close to our installations is important if we are to fully exploit the existing infrastructure.
Most of the partners have agreed to the drilling of two new wells from Gullfaks C to the Gimle structure in the next few years. A water injector will be drilled in 2006, and a new producer is planned for 2007. With this development solution, recoverable reserves are put at 25 million barrels of oil and about one billion standard cubic meters of gas.
The Gimle find stretches over two licenses. The owners have agreed to establish a new Gimle Unit, with Statoil as operator, which will cover the Gimle area. As the Gimle Unit does not have the same ownership structure as Gullfaks, it has been necessary to establish a tieback and processing agreement with the Gullfaks license.
The partners in Gimle are Statoil, Petoro, Hydro, ConocoPhillips and Total.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)