PSL Energy Strengthens Technip Baku Contract
PSL Energy Services Ltd has won additional pre-commissioning work from BP Exploration on the Shah Deniz platform being constructed by Technip Maritime Overseas Ltd in Baku.
The contract for nitrogen and helium leak testing on the Shaz Deniz TPG 500 jack up platform brings the total value of the work done by PSL on the project to more than £5 million.
The leak testing program compliments the existing contract with Technip to perform hydrotesting, riser testing, hot oil flushing and controlled bolting and flange management.
Pre-engineering for the development of test packs has started and work on offshore scopes is scheduled for Q2 2006.
It is the first time BP has awarded a contract of this type direct to PSL and it further strengthens the relationship built up between the Aberdeen based oil and gas specialist and BP in Azerbaijan.
The initial contract involved the preparation, testing, reinstatement and handover of all 44 platform process and utility piping systems, with flange management covering approximately 7000 joints.
PSL recently invested £4 million in a custom-built operational base and new equipment in Baku and are now positioned as one of the largest contractors working out of the Azerbaijan capital.
PSL's Caspian regional manager, Tom Sherwin, said: "BP and Technip have been extremely supportive since our company first starting working in Baku and we are delighted they have chosen to place this award with PSL.
"We have made a substantial investment in Baku, in terms of an operational base, equipment and personnel, because we are committed to working in the Caspian region for the long term.
"We enjoy a healthy relationship with BP and other major operators and contractors such as AIOC, Technip, MCCI, ATA, BTC and BOS Shelf and we look forward to their continued support as PSL introduces its full range of pipeline, process and well intervention services to the region."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: PSL Energy Services more info
- EnerMech Hits Double with 2 Mechanical Service Acquisitions (Oct 07)
- Halliburton Acquires PSL Energy Services Limited (Aug 01)
- Halliburton to Acquire PSL (Apr 26)