Manta-2 Well to be Re-Spudded
The Ocean Patriot commenced the drilling of the Manta-2 development well on January 17, 2006, and by January 22, 2006 had drilled to a depth of 971 meters and set the 13-3/8 inch intermediate casing.
After pressure testing the integrity of the well the casing string was found to have mechanically parted at the cross-over from the 13-3/8 to 20 inch casing at a depth of about 163 meters. Consequently, the well has been plugged and a new well path will commence today. The Manta-2 well plan will accordingly be extended by about five days. In all other respects the operations of Manta-2 have gone to plan with no adverse safety incidents.
Meanwhile the FPSO, Crystal Ocean, re-commenced production to the shuttle tanker, Basker Spirit, over the weekend, after successfully selling the first cargo of the Basker Manta development. Production is being re-established at about 8000 bpd from the upper interval in readiness for opening the lower interval later this week.
The participants in the Basker-Manta Joint Venture are Anzon as operator with 50% and Beach Petroleum Limited with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Energy more info
- Anzon Underscores Merger Ratio for ROC Oil Shares (Sep 18)
- ROC Gets Court Approval to Merge with Anzon (Sep 05)
- Anzon Australia Gets Extension for Shareholders' Statement (Aug 21)