Fugro Wins Major Brazilian Contract
FUGRO OceansatPEG SA joint venture established in 2005 (in which Fugro has an interest of 62%) has been awarded a contract with a total value of US $25.4 million by Petrobras. Fugro will equip a chartered vessel with two Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) systems, of which one will be a new purchase. The project comprises a variety of inspection and construction support services in Brazilian waters over a period of two years. The contract includes an option for a two year extension. The work will start in June 2006.
Furthermore Fugro will develop eight new 'work class' ROV systems in the next two years. These systems (fitted with remote controlled underwater cameras and manipulators) will be used for inspection and maintenance, drilling support, as well as construction support activities such as underwater pipe-laying. A number of these new ROVs are designed to operate in water depths up to 3,000 meters.
Fugro also announces that its US operating company Fugro West, based in Ventura, California, has acquired España Geotechnical Consulting (EGC), a 20-person firm based in the Sacramento Valley city of Roseville, California. EGC has been in business for 16 years, specializing in geotechnical, geological and earthquake engineering and construction material testing. EGC's annual turnover amounts to US $3 million.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)