Statoil Awards Well Service Contracts
Contracts for drilling and well services with a total value of NOK 855 million have been given by Statoil to Aker Kvaerner Well Service, Welltec and Schlumberger. The agreements will run for three years.
All three contracts embrace Statoil's entire operations on the Norwegian continental shelf and have two options for two-year extensions.
Schlumberger will supply personnel and cable logging services. This contract, worth about NOK 200 million annually, covers services such as logging and sample-taking in open wells, as well as production logging and perforation by cable.
The contracts with Aker Kvaerner and Welltec cover deliveries of personnel and equipment for well tractor services. A well tractor is an electrical device used to insert various instruments into horizontal wells.
The deal with Aker Kvaerner covers the Statfjord field in the North Sea and the Halten/Nordland area in the Norwegian Sea and is worth about NOK 45 million per year.
The agreement with Welltec, worth about NOK 40 million annually, covers the Tampen area (excluding Statfjord) and the Troll/Sleipner area in the North Sea.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: Welltec more info
- EC225LP Helicopters Grounded in UK, Norway after 13 Killed in Crash (Apr 30)
- OTC Announces Technology Awards (Mar 08)
- Statoil Awards NCS Wireline Tractor Service Work for NCS Fields (Oct 10)